Friday, October 28, 2005

Lottery Winners Are Crazy

Alright, the story of 17 colleagues winning the lottery makes me happy because I think it's great to share that kind of money. Imagine the total number of people affected by such a win, when you figure in relatives and close friends (wish I was one). Still, it kind of ticks me off because these lottery winners always say, as at least two of the winners in this case did, "I'm gonna keep working". Why? And that's the way it always is. It seems that every time someone wins the lottery they say they'll keep working. That means no one I know and love will ever win the lottery because most everyone I know buys the tickets so they can quit their job, tell the boss to shove it, tell that nasty customer where to put his stupid complaints.

I don't believe any of them. You got over 3 million in the bank and one morning you just won't press snooze on that alarm clock again or you'll be in the boardroom and decide you don't need to partake in the umpteenth meeting about brainstorming for new clients--you'll just stand up, laugh maniacally, and say to hell with all this, I'm a millionaire and I'm outta here. I would.

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Chris (mombie) said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog.

Did you just happen on my blog or do we know each other and I'm missing a clue to your identity somewhere?

Either way, I'll be checking out your blog from now on.

Oh, the topic at hand? I couldn't quit work, I kinda signed on for the mothering thing long term :) and as for writing, I'd go crazy if I kept the ideas in.

I would however, spend more time writing fiction instead of freelancing and see how that panned out. So that would be *like* quitting one of my current jobs.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Sure b'y said...

No, Chris, I don't know you personally. The truth is we have the same job--Mom and writer and I would not be able to quit either. I have liked your blog for some time now after initially stumbling upon it. Most days I feel like you're living my life (or I yours).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home