Monday, October 24, 2005

Newfoundlanders Up for Awards

Some Newfoundlanders nominated for upcoming awards include Lisa Moore, who is nominated for the Giller Prize ( sorry, the Scotiabank Giller Prize) as well as Cathy Jones and Shawn Majumder who are nominated for Canadian Comedy Awards . Of course, I have my fingers crossed for all of them but Rachel Giese of the Toronto Sun and Book Television, doesn't seem to think it is going to happen for Lisa Moore. Too bad. Since it is her second nod, I think she should win. Plus, her book is quite different from the others and stands out as such. As for the Comedy Awards, I am torn since I would love for Cathy Jones to win but I adore The Daily Show's Samantha Bee who is nominated in the same category as Cathy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home