Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Golden Globe followup

The Golden Globes
Yawn. oh, is it over? Maybe it's me. The last couple of years, awards shows have just not held the same level of excitement for me. Still, I do love the Globes so I thought maybe it would be fun and there were a few great moments, mostly in speeches. Like when Steve Carell read a thank you speech which he said was written for him by his wife and he thanked her over and over in it; when Geena Davis made up a whole story about a little girl telling her she wanted to be President someday becuase of Ms. Davis then admitting that it was all made up; when Mary Louise Parker won against all the Desperate Housewives (after Chris Rock insulted her show with a very stupid joke); I was pleased when Felicity huffman won, and Canadian Sandra Oh's win was great. But, there were no standout moments. maybe it's because I hadn't seen one of the movies nominated for outstanding movie. Maybe the Globes are really trying to be more like the Oscars--all respectable and boring--but they were disappointing to me last night. Plus everyone looked great, although I did notice that all of the guys seems to have that messy hair look that just came out looking unkempt and there seemed to be a noticeable lack of breast support for some women who obviously could have used it.

I think the most interesting thing about the evening was E's preshow (showed on Star network here in Canada). It was like watching a car accident. I couldn't keep my eyes off it. Isaac Mizrahi asked women about their underwear, opened their purses and rifled through them, felt Scarlett Johannsen's boobs, looked down Terri Hatcher's dress, told Charlize Theron that her hair looked like she just gotten out of bed, and even asked Eva Longoria about how (or if) she waxes her pubic hair. Ewwww.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Stephen Eli Harris said...

The only part of the globes that I caught was the Star preshow thing. I didn't know what the hell was going on. The hosts were CRAZY!

I really don't know how the people took it because, I was taken aback by it.

CRAZY I say!

So, didn't miss anything during the actual awards eh? No big surprise.

Stephen
http://newfoundlandgreenparty.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home