Monday, January 16, 2006

Golden Globes tonight

Get the popcorn out because tonight is the Golden Globes. Oh, I know that they're only decided by an obscure group of 90 people and that the way it works out, someone could win with only 19 votes from the Foreign Press Association but where else can you see Robin Williams ham it up while waiting for Christine Lahti to come out of the bathroom to accept an award or see Jack Nicholson bend over and literally talk out of his ass? It's not about the awards. It's about the speeches and the screw-ups, all made better by the fact that the audience members are drinking and they loosen up. It is a little tiny bit fun because of the fashion but only when they are extremely bad. I'll never wear anything that Nicole Kidman or Gwyneth Paltrow wear but I can make fun of the people who look like crap. And I will...

1 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Stephen Eli Harris said...

Ah yes, the Golden Globes; a treat to the eyes and ears that happens every year. I was just watching an ET specil on this and it looks like everyone is excited.

Too bad I don't have to time to watch the globes tonight but, I'll be sure to see what your view on it, tomorrow.

Stephen
http://newfoundlandgreenparty.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home