Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Minority report (hopefully)

Okay, I never thought I'd say this but I am hoping for a minority government. I don't really want this to be a political blog. Ed and Liam and a few others have that covered but, as I've said before, it scares the bejeezus out of me that this time next week, Stephen Harper will probably be Prime Minister. I mean these are still, with the exception of the Newfoundland Conservatives and a few others, the same Reform or Alliance party that most Newfoundlanders would never have dreamed of voting for. If you don't remember why that was, check out Rick Mercer's blog (Conservative Cabinet Revealed and Conservative Cabinet Update) and read up on some of the stuff that the members of the Reform Alliance Conservative Party are after saying and doing. Their own words say it better than I can.

But I understand why people want to vote against the Liberals. Their promises are almost funny with them saying what the Liberals "will do" when in power. Duh, um, you've been in power for the past 13 years. This should be about what you've done but since that includes various frauds and possible criminal activities, you can't really stand on that record, can you? So, what of the NDP? I don't know why but they don't seem to get any inroads around here. I know I'd vote for Peg Norman if I was in her riding but I ain't. My choices are Norman Doyle, a man against a lot of my values, and who I haven't seen or heard from in this election, and two men I've never heard of--Paul Antle for the Liberals and Mike Kehoe for the NDP. Oh and there may be a Green Party candidate too but I don't know (for Stephen Eli Harris who reads this and adds to my comments, sorry but that ship sailed for me when Jim Harris came out against the seal hunt).

So all I'm asking for is a minority. Give the Liberals some time to get rid of the crud in their party including their tainted leader then we'll all try again. My husband keeps telling me I shouldn't be so scared of the Conservatives forming the government and says "how bad can it be?". Finding that out is what makes me very afraid and I hope he doesn't have to eat his words one day (and you know I will be there to say "I told you so").

3 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Yeah, I have no desire
to find out just how bad they
could be either.

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Stephen Eli Harris said...

I can understand that SB. Many people are angered by the Party's stance on the Seal Hunt. What's I'm trying to push is everything else which I think is incredibly valuable. I love our platform and will stand by it forever!

Perhaps in the future, the next election maybe (my campaign does not end on the 23rd. I'm gearin' up for the next!) we'll have you on board. Who knows?

Now, if I can only find time to read and post to your Golden Globe entry... tomorrow, yes, tomorrow. Must sleep... if possible... must work... sleep... wor-eep...

Okay, I'm babbling now. Gotta run.

Stephen
http://newfoundlandgreenparty.blogspot.com

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Sure b'y said...

Sure, Stephen, b'y, it's already there Under this post). Aw, that's okay. You're tired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home