Sunday, February 26, 2006

Crash


Just have to say something about the movie Crash, which I saw recently. Brilliant! I gasped out loud a couple of times, talked to the screen, talked to myself (thankfully I was alone), and found myself crying from time to time because it was just so powerful. And the weird thing is that I didn't see most of it coming. I totally thought I had the thing figured out in the first little bit. Knew everything, I did. I knew nothing. I was surprised all over the place. It's intense. I stopped watching it at least once cause I needed a break and it smacks you in the face with racism, prejudice, anger, beauty, violence, indifference, and the reality that there are different sides to everyone. If you try and pinpoint someone, label them, examine them, make them into who you think they are or should be, you'll be wrong. If you think you know what's coming, you'll be surprised.

So, the question is: what did you think of it?

2 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger EagleNest said...

I watched the DVD 2 weeks ago and - omg - what an intense movie with a great plot and ending. I wish my son had left it for me to see again.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Robert said...

Thinking it would be good, I picked up Crash a couple of weeks ago. I was blown away at just how good it was. I don't know that I've ever seen a movie that presents how complex people can be in such an upfront way. It's really a great film, it deserves the good attention it is getting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home