Thursday, February 23, 2006

Going for Gold

In the coolest move ever, Education Minister Joan Burke has announced that all school children in the province will have a half holiday tomorrow. This is to let students watch the Gold Medal Curling Game featuring the Brad Gushue Rink. School will end during the lunch hour. I know it might be a pain in the ass for parents to have to leave and get their kids duing the lunch hour but let's face it, the productivity level in Newfoundland and Labrador will go down to about 4% tomorrow afternoon so what the hell, take the afternoon off.

4 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Robert said...

I'm all for patriotism and provincial pride but calling-off school on acount of curling? It strikes me as a bit much.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Sure b'y said...

A bit extreme I know but if I was a kid in school, I'd love it and think it was the best holiday ever. I just think of the pressure such a move must put on Brad Gushue. But I think he is not affected by pressure the way we mere mortals are.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Robert said...

I was giving the pressure angle some thought too. It can't help steady the nerves knowing that every school kid in the province has been let out of class to see you play... it must make an even bigger deal out of a game that is already pretty stressful, I'd imagine.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Table Mountains said...

WE WON !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home