Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Michael Winter on Giller Jury

So, Newfoundland writer Michael Winter, is part of the jury for the Giller Prize. Other members are Alice Munro and former gov-gen Adrienne Clarkson. Interesting and diverse bunch there.

Very, very early predictions for possible contenders (from Newfoundland and Labrador):
  • Kenneth J. Harvey's Inside (to be launched at Chapter's St. John's on April 10)
  • Wayne Johnston's The Custodian of Paradise (to be launched at the Woody Point Writer's Festival)

3 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Because I have too much time on my hands, I've been digging around trying to find some info on The Custodian of Paradise. I've found very little other than it is to be commercially available in September.

Does anybody out there have any info to share on subject matter?

Just curious.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Sure b'y said...

Well, at the Winterset Festival last year, Wayne Johnston said that he had a book coming out this September about Sheilagh Fielding, the fantastic character in Colony of Unrequieted Dreams. I can't wait. I loved that character.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Robert said...

I didn't make it to Winterset last year, but that's the rumour that I heard. I was wondering if there was any substance there.

I too like Fielding... for that reason I'm aprehensive. I hope I walk away from this next book still liking her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home