Wednesday, March 01, 2006

ReLit Longlist announced

A day after the nominees for the Winterset Award were announced, The ReLit Awards have released their longlist. After a quick perusal, these are the Newfoundland writers and publishers nominated. Please let me know if I missed any.

Novel:

-Alligator, Lisa Moore (Anansi)
-Thaw, Nicole Lundrigan (Jesperson) (I love this book)

Where's Michael Crummey's The Wreckage?

Poetry:

-A Painter’s Poems, Christopher Pratt (Breakwater)
-Spaces Between the Trees, Enos Watts (Flanker) (also nominated for the Winterset. Congrats indeed)

3 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Robert said...

I'm not a huge Crummey fan
but I do think he's being over-looked
by both ReLit and Winterset.

The Wreckage is a solid novel.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Sure b'y said...

I liked The Wreckage least of what I've read of his--Flesh and Blood and River of Thieves. It's still surprising that he was left off both lists.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger John Mutford said...

Wow, I thought I was reasonably well read until I see a list like that. I'm completely in the dark with Newfoundland lit. I have A LOT of work ahead of me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home