Thursday, March 23, 2006

Winterset Award to be announced

The Winterset Award for exellence in Newfoundland and Labrador writing will be announced today at Government House at 4:00 PM. Nominees are are Roberta Buchanan, Anne Hart and Bryan Greene for The Woman Who Mapped Labrador: the Life and Expedition Diary of Mina Hubbard, Joan Clark for An Audience of Chairs, and Enos Watts for Spaces Between the Trees. I am torn between Clark or Watts because I am not sure how judges look at collaborative works so I think maybe that puts the other nominees out of contention. I'm thinking Clark since she is so obvious and such a popular and great writer but I am going to go out on a limb and say Enos Watts will win for Spaces Between the Trees.

I'll report back on the winner and if my prediciton was right or wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home