Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Gotta Fib

If you don't know what the Fibonacci sequence is, don't feel bad. It's a geeky thing. If it sounds familiar you're either a geek or read the DaVinci Code and the part where the Fibonacci sequence was used as a clue, stuck in your brain. Now, Gregory K from the GottaBook blog has created a new kind of writing, called "the fib", based on it. As in the Fibonacci sequence, he started with 0 and 1, added them together and got the next number, then kept adding the last two numbers together for the next number. He ended up with a six line, 20 syllable poem with a syllable count by line of

1
1
2
3
5
8

I
think
fibbing
is pretty
damn cool. Do you think?
Are you a wordy geek like me?

So, fibs anyone? Come on, I throw down the fib gauntlet to you all.

7 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Gregory K. said...

No surprise, but yes, I'm a wordy geek just like you :-)

Thanks for the Fib and the link.

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous vickyth said...

I've been trying to come up with a worthy wordy witicism, but no dice thus far. I'm sure it will eventually happen... possibly during my next night of insomnia!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Helmut said...

skip
smile
sun dress
funny face
come here I hugs ya
you know bubble gum ice cream rocks

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J.
K.
Rowling.
Potteress
who looks like Nancy Drew.
Does she know how it's gonna end?

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger John Mutford said...

John?
-Hmmmm
Feel this.
-What? What time
Quick, put your hand here.
...
-Oh my God! it- It kicked my hand!

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous vickyth said...

I
think
that I
am still stuck
for the perfect rhyme,
so I'll stop and leave it at this.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Robert said...

Wedding Advice, 1901

'The
match
is good',

he nodded,

'Kindling takes time, son --
but she'll spread like prairie wildfire'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home