Friday, May 26, 2006

The good, the bad and the ugly 4

The Internet is an amazing thing. It can be used for everything from spewing neo-nazi hatred to searching for a way to end poverty; from making people laugh at cartoons to making people weep with a poignant true story. In a semi-regular feature, here are the good, the bad and the ugly for this week:

The Good

GetNetWise

I've already admitted that I intend to be a very nosy mother when my child gets old enough to get on the Internet. There are too many reasons out there in the world for me not to do this. There are a variety of websites out there about this but GetNetWise seems to have lots of good stuff there and also includes info about other things like spam, security for your computer and online privacy. Check it out but if you are a parent with a kid who goes online, definitely check it out.


The Bad

The Heather Crowe File

This week I posted about the death of Heather Crowe, the anti-smoking advocate. In an effort to find out exactly when she died, I googled her name and there, as the number one hit, was a page called the Heather Crowe File. I started to read it and was horrified, knowing that this page could make the Bad and the Ugly sections of this posting. I was shocked. I'm not going to post the links to any of the "bad" sites I put up and this one is no different. Unfortunately, you can google this one but I don't recommend it. It basically picks apart Heather Crowe's anti-smoking campaign, her disease and the reasons for her disease.It gives myths about her and reasons why she was "the perfect victim" for the anti-smoking campaign. It even picks apart her kind of tumour and the fact that Heather Crowe never made biopsy results and medical reports public. WTF? Why should she have to do that? Who the hell thinks she made this stuff up? This seems to be some kind of anti-anti-smoking site and the fact that it is still up after her death makes it even more disgusting.

The Ugly

Awful Plastic Surgery

Okay, I'll confess. I thoroughly enjoy this site. But there are some pretty ugly things on there.

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger SkylarKD said...

The Heather Crowe website sounds awful! How can people be so cruel?...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home