Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Things I am not caring about

I usually love celebrity gossip but every now and then (usually around the time a new Tom Cruise movie comes out and I get pelted with having to look at him every minute) I get to really not caring about it all. I mean really:

Britney is pregnant again.
Don't care in a really, really big way.

David Blaine nearly dies after staying underwater for a week then holding his breath for seven minutes.
So do not care. What an idiotic and inane thing to do. What did it prove to anyone? That with an oxygen tank and a dream anyone can be a goldfish?

Tom Cruise's new movie only takes in a paltry $48 million.
Awww, poor Tom. Now, why should I care about this?

Keith Richards has surgeries and may have brain damage.
I believe that ship has sailed years ago, people.

Angelina Jolie is World's Most Beautiful according to People Magazine.
Yawn. Yes, she's beautiful. Most beautiful in the world? I have a few billion more people to look at first.

And what I am truly caring the least about: Amy Fisher, Mary-Jo Buttafuco and Joey Buttafuoco on Entertainment Tonight every single night for the past two freaking weeks until I want to throw up.
Who cares?? I don't think they even care at this point.

2 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Robert said...

I agree, celebrity gossip is so boring. I can't imagine how dull my own life would have to become before I developed any sort of genuine interest.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Helmut said...

Celebrity gossip is a terrible wonderful thing. While I confess to reading trashy magazines from time to time, I generally find most of the stories pathetic. And sad. I know, they're rich and spoiled and not worthy of pity... But when you see an aging star go for extreme plastic surgery or another family/marriage on the rocks.... Well, there's no happiness in sight when you have whatever you want, whoever you want, whenever you want.

But mostly, I think we like to look because, aside from the fancy clothes, we like to see the beautiful rich people fuck up. Classic schedenfreude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home