Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Giller Longlist

The Giller Longlist has been announced and they are:


  • David Adams Richards, The Friends of Meager Fortune

  • Caroline Adderson, Pleased to Meet You

  • Todd Babiak, The Garneau Block

  • Randy Boyagoda, Governor of the Northern Province

  • Douglas Coupland, jPod

  • Alan Cumyn, The Famished Lover

  • Rawi Hage, De Niro's Game

  • Kenneth J. Harvey, Inside

  • Wayne Johnston, The Custodian of Paradise

  • Vincent Lam, Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures

  • Annette Lapointe, Stolen

  • Pascale Quiviger, The Perfect Circle

  • GaĆ©tan Soucy, The Immaculate Conception

  • Russell Wangersky, The Hour of Bad Decisions

  • Carol Windley, Home Schooling

Not to say I told you so, but I told you so. Sure b'y, just because I predicted correctly two of the selections for the Giller Longlist, that's no big deal. I missed that Russel Wangersky's The Hour of Bad Decisions would make it. I will go further and predict both Inside and The Custodian of Paradise will make the shortlist. Maybe The Hour of Bad Decisions will too but I can't speak about it since I have not read it and am not familiar with Wangersky's fiction. Congrats to all the nominees.

    1 Comments:

    At 1:54 PM, Blogger Robert said...

    Mmm. Gotta love local content!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home