Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Brand New




Fresh on the heels of Hans Rollman's great column on the new brand of Memorial University of Newfoundland in this past weekend's Telegram (not on their website yet, unfortunately), the government of Newfoundland and Labrador has created our new brand. This represents our province to the world. My first reaction was "Really?. That's it?" Well, it doesn't instill any wonder to me. I like the idea of the pitcher plant (although I think foreigners will wonder why those antennae are sticking out of our logo) and all, but the colours, the fancy font, they are just not doing it for me.

I guess I kind of understand the reason behind it, to have one brand to represent the province. But I can't believe all these people (and I'm sure with all this money) could only come up with this. It's not ugly, just doesn't seem to have any oomph. Obviously, I don't understand all this brand stuff because MUN's seemed incomprehensible to me and now this one seems blah. My big beef with it is that now all the government documents, pamphlets, memo pads, Holiday cards, web sites, etc. now have to be redone and reprinted. How much will that set us back, I wonder?

So now we have a brand and I'm not sure how much a difference it will make, except it will give we bloggers something new to write about.

4 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger WJM said...

Pitcher plant? I thought first it was three bakeapples.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Action Now said...

Many bakeapples in ottawa, wally?

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Robert said...

Here's an idea to mull over.

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pitcher plant looks more like magic mushrums

 

Post a Comment

<< Home